This privacy notice will explain how Louise Lakey Mindfulness uses the data we collect from you when you use our services and our website.
Who we are
Name: Louise Lakey Mindfulness
Using our website
The website louiselakey.com is hosted by WordPress. By default WordPress does not collect any personal data from visitors.
Louiselakey.com does not have an option to register and does not currently contain comments, uploaded media, the ability to make purchases, or send any marketing emails and is for information and contact only.
We currently collect and process the following personal information (if you choose):
- Personal identifiers, such as name, address, email, phone number of adults/caregivers and emergency contact details of other responsible adults.
- Potentially sensitive personal data concerning mental and physical health of children and young teens, such as allergies, health conditions, mental health issues.
- Informative personal data such as likes, dislikes and needs of your child or teen.
- Questionnaires may also be provided to your child or teen after each session to gain feedback on how they are feeling and where they would like further support. These will be mainly tickbox based and will be age-appropriate.
- Your email address via email@example.com or by using the contact form on the website louiselakey.com, and any additional information that you choose to send via these. These modes of communication are used with your consent.
How do we collect and store the personal information and why do we have it?
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you via a paper questionnaire and is not stored electronically. Information given in the questionnaire is entirely optional and shared with your consent if you choose to provide details.
- Louise Lakey may also take handwritten notes during the initial telephone conversation on any information provided pertaining to the needs of the potential client.
- This data is essential for ensuring quality of care for clients, and information is used to provide a bespoke, safe and effective service.
- Information will only be shared in cases essential for a child or teen safeguarding concern or in a health emergency. A separate safeguarding policy is available, outlining procedures followed if a safeguarding concern arises.
- The questionnaires and any hand written notes are retained by and seen by Louise Lakey only and held in a locked cupboard at a residential address, accessed only by Louise Lakey and not removed from the premises under any circumstances. Information is not stored electronically.
- The information will be held for 7 years in line with best practice. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data securely via shredding.
- Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are your consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do so by contacting Louise Lakey Mindfulness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Louise Lakey Mindfulness, by emailing email@example.com
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to Louise Lakey Mindfulness, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk